The World of Wonders, amusement park Efteling, is located in Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands. It is a unique theme park with a fairytale atmosphere, surrounded by forest offering a wide range of attractions. It covers an area of 2.000.000 m2 and it is divided into five areas or ‘realms’, each having its own theme and attractions. Being one of the oldest amusement parks in the world, it is no wonder that even today Efteling attracts numbers of visitors, both children and adults.
In its website you could find everything you need to know about it: reservations, prices, corona measures, offers and much more. Please, find here its link attached: https://www.efteling.com/en/park/information/ticket-overview
Before you go
It is enchanting during all of the seasons. It is much better if you check out their calendar, so you can see the opening hours and expected crowds on the day of your visit. During your visit you can consult their app if you need help finding one of the attractions, rides or for up-to-date information.
How to get there
Efteling park is only 100 km from Amsterdam, so it will definitely make a great day trip. Whether you are travelling by public transport or renting your own car reaching the World of Wonders is quite simple.
- Train + bus: From Amsterdam Central Station (only 10 minutes walking from our hotel) take the train to ‘s-Hertogenbosch, bus lines that go from there to Efteling are lines 300, 301, 136 and 800. Get off at the Efteling bus stop.
- If you are travelling by your own car, parking tickets can be bought online or in the park (at a price of around €10)
What not to miss
Efteling has much more to offer than just rides, from haunted houses, playgrounds, free shows and animated scenes to forest paths. Whether you are visiting with kids or alone, and whether you are a daredevil or just wish to enjoy the magic scenery, pay a visit to this magical world and you won’t regret it. Here are some of the attractions in Efteling that you should not miss:
- Droomvlucht (Dream Flight) – the most famous attraction of the park.
- The Fairytale Forest – the oldest and most enchanting area of the park, during the summer it is also home to a free open-air theatre.
- Spectacular Aquanura – the biggest water show in Europe and third in the world.
- Free park show Ravelijn – held between 5th April and 7th January.
- Winter in Efteling – during the winter months the whole park turns into a magical winter wonderland with special winter events and attractions.
- Volk van Laaf village – in a fairly quiet part of the park, animatronics and a ride.
- Anton Pieckplein – romantic Dutch square with classic merry-go rounds, cute shops and dining and the Efteling Museum.
- Diorama – sixty meter long display containing a complete miniature world.
- Stoomtrein – steam train station of real steam trains which takes you around the park (arrives about every 20 minutes).
- Joris en de Draak (George and the Dragon) – a wooden coaster with two different tracks.
- The Flying Dutchman – unique combination of walk-through, dark ride, coaster and water splash ride.
- Baron 1898 – one of the most elaborately themed dive coasters in the world.
- Villa Volta rotating house.
- Spookslot haunted house.
Monday to Friday: 11:00AM – 6:00PM.
Saturday to Sunday: 10:00AM – 6:00PM